Monday, July 09, 2007

No parameters





Color as it translates, top to bottom, inside and out, primary to hip, I am immersed!

I am posting a few photos and have learned that what I thought would work before may be even more effective in new ways! Natural dyeing has never been an exact science and this week is proving the theory true by teaching me that prior parameters of mordanting, dye temperature and dyestuff collection as well as many other variables can be change yielding with even more exciting results. Tonight I need to do some homework and then get to bed but trust me, this is an eyeopener! Natural dyeing is never conclusive, never dull and never finished!

Top to bottom: Michele Wipplinger; weld studies; madder studies; Rose, the dog who rules my home away from home!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:05 PM

    The colors are beautiful but Rose looks like a most noble lady!

    I'll have to make sure Laurel logs on to see the colors.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed, Rose stole my heart in Seattle!
    It was hard to say goodbye...a great dog.

    ReplyDelete